Should You Keep Your Shoes Inside the Shoe Box? Here’s the Truth
Our footwear makes us both comfortable and confident, but it is notorious for bringing clutter into the space. A bigger shoe collection may also create a chaotic distraction when left unorganised. If you’re fond of shoe collecting, finding the right storage is crucial.
For many years, many of us have seen the shoe box as a reliable storage solution for your shoes. Sure, shoe boxes give your pairs enough protection against dirt. However, these boxes may jeopardise the durability of your shoe collection.
Are shoe boxes safe for long storage periods? Are there better shoe storage options that you can use? Let’s talk about these in this short guide.
- Shoe boxes are sturdy enough to protect your shoes from accumulating dust.
- Since they are small and lightweight, shoe boxes are easy to use and, thus, do not require heavy cleaning once you take your shoes out.
- Compared to piling all your pairs on the entryway steps, having them stored inside their boxes is a better idea since shoe boxes are easy to stack and identify.
- Cardboard boxes can resist a small amount of moisture. This can protect your shoes from the damage caused by humidity.
- When used for a longer period, mould can build up inside the cardboard and affect the shoes.
- Lack of airflow inside the shoe box can cause mildew and mould growth.
- Shoe boxes are big enough to keep your favourite pair of shoes secure. However, considering the need for airflow, shoe boxes may be too small to give your collection the proper area that they need.
- Notice how rarely worn shoes that are stored in shoe boxes look old and weary? Even if you buy high-quality shoes, shoe boxes were not created to support the storage needs of your shoes. If shoes are not exposed to proper air circulation, their parts and materials can easily disfigure or wear out.
- Some plastic shoe boxes may also cause damage by drying out the glue, fibres, or sole material.
What are the Best Shoe Storage Solutions?
If your space permits, buying a shoe cabinet can help you address your shoe storage dilemma. Shoe cabinets are spacious and are made from sturdier materials that can resist moisture better than cardboard or plastic shoe boxes. Modern shoe boxes also come with vent holes to ensure proper ventilation within the storage.
In case you need immediate access to a smaller shoe collection, a shoe rack is a practical solution. The open design of a shoe rack guarantees that your shoe collection will receive proper ventilation, which will enhance its durability. However, since this is an open storage, your shoes may still acquire dust on the surface, so it’s vital to keep your surroundings clean and uncluttered to preserve the look of your shoes.
Shoe Cabinets with Open Shelves
The best way to store shoes is in a shoe cabinet with open shelves. These cabinets provide the protection of a closed system and the breathability of an open rack. Shoe cabinets with open compartments are also stylish and can upgrade the look of your interior space.
Shoe cabinets are excellent ways to keep your shoe collection secured while reducing the clutter in your space. You may choose to display your lovely collection in an open storage unit or keep the pieces in a stylish closed-door shoe cabinet to remove the clutter. The right shoe storage does not only affect the look of your space but also the quality of your shoe collection.
Whether you plan to put an end to the confusing shoe clutter in your home or want to update your entryway design, you will find excellent shoe cabinets at Megafurniture.
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryArdell Shoe RackRegular price $69.00 $69.00
Quick DeliveryMelden 3 Door Shoe CabinetRegular price $224.00
Quick DeliveryGretel 3 Door Shoe CabinetRegular price $349.00 $349.00
Quick DeliveryCosmo Shoe CabinetRegular price $329.00 $329.00