Is a Sofa Bed Good for Everyday Use?
A sofa bed is an amazing furniture solution for small spaces with a big purpose to accomplish. If you have a small flat, a multi-purpose living room, a guest room, or a home office, a sofa bed is an effective choice to maximise the function of your limited footprint.
But is a sofa bed comfortable enough to be used as a sofa in the morning and a bed at night every day? Is it an effective bed substitute? Will it be comfortable and supportive enough? How about its durability?
If you’re in the market for a new sofa bed and wondering if it’s worth the everyday use, you’re in the right place. Let’s look into the potential of a sofa bed for daily use.
Can I Use a Sofa Bed Everyday?
The answer is yes and no. Using a sofa bed every day isn’t something that often comes to mind when buying this furniture, especially if it has been a commonly used piece of furniture for overnight guests. However, with places becoming more compact, many homeowners look for efficient solutions to effectively double up the function of their spaces without the need to get separate furniture pieces for each function. The good news is that furniture manufacturers offer more comfort and support with their modern sofa beds. These new furniture pieces are engineered to be suited for your everyday needs. However, not all sofa beds are ideal for daily use, so it’s vital to check the mechanism and capability of the sleeper sofa before introducing it to your home.
Here are some things you need to look for in a sofa bed if you intend to use it as a permanent sleeper:
- A good sleeper sofa is comfortable and space-saving. While many shoppers look for a sofa bed with space-saving in mind, it’s also important to make sure that it provides the comfort that you need. This means that it should not be too small or too narrow for you to sleep on.
- A good sleeper sofa is easy to convert. There are numerous types of sofa bed mechanisms. If you intend to use your sofa bed often, choose one that is easy to convert to avoid the hassle.
- A sofa bed for daily use should have highly supportive and resilient cushions. The comfort of a standard bed lies in its mattress, so the same should be done for a sofa bed. The cushions or mattress used for a convertible bed should be comfortable enough to provide pressure relief during a snooze.
- It’s advisable to look for extra features like additional storage for your pillows and bedding, especially when you use your sofa bed as a couch in the morning.
- Don’t forget to consider the space that it will take up when converted into a bed.
What are the Types of Sofa Beds?
Pull-Out Frame Sofa Bed
A conventional pull-out frame sofa bed is considered a classic in terms of its looks and function. It provides a spacious area for sitting and a convenient space for sleeping. If you need to use this sofa bed, you can simply pull out or tuck away the extended frame from the main sofa to reveal the bed. It has a metal foundation and is generally spacious, giving you enough area to toss and turn.
Click-Clack Sofa Bed
This sofa bed looks more simple and takes less space than a pull-out sleeper sofa. Simply unfold its back rest to reveal a more spacious sleeping space. If you have a smaller area to work on, this sofa bed is a good choice.
A-Frame Sofa Bed
An A-frame sofa bed is one of the easiest mechanisms to convert. It is lightweight and can be converted by folding out the back of the sofa to reveal a longer surface to sleep on.
How Can I Make My Sofa Bed Comfortable for Sleeping?
Like a regular bed, you can do various things to make your sofa bed extra comfortable. With the right bedding accessories, you can add to the cosiness of a reliable sofa bed without taking up much space in your flat.
- Use a mattress topper for an additional layer of comfort.
- Choose bed sheets that are breathable and comfortable for the skin.
- Use the right pillow type for your sleeping position.
- Keep your bedsheets fresh.
Sofa beds have come a long way, from being an alternative space-saving solution to becoming a reliable piece of furniture for your daily needs.
Looking for a comfortable sofa bed in Singapore? Megafurniture offers high-quality and reliable pieces for your small space needs. Check out our collection of stylish sofa beds online to see what’s best for your home.
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryUno Grey Fabric Storage Sofa BedRegular price $499.00
Quick DeliveryAviana Storage Sofa BedRegular price $899.00
Norina Grey Sofa BedSold Out