Best Air Fryer Singapore: Types, Prices, Brands, and Delicious Recipes
You may have noticed a rising star in the Singapore home appliance scene – yes, we're talking about the buzzworthy air fryer Singapore folks can't stop raving about. You might ask yourself, “Are these trendy gadgets worth the buzz, or are they just fads riding the wave of slick marketing?”
From hushed conversations at the coffee shop to animated discussions at family dinners, everyone has an opinion or curiosity about these devices. And no wonder - with many options flooding the market, boasting a dizzying array of features, price ranges, and reviews, it might feel overwhelming to sift through the noise.
But don’t worry. We're here to guide you through this whirlwind, helping you navigate the world of air fryers in Singapore. Join us as we dissect the allure of these modern kitchen assistants, aiming to find out if they truly deserve a spot amidst your kitchen arsenal, promising not just a culinary revolution but also potentially paving the way to a hassle-free and joyous cooking experience.
Air Fryer Singapore: Are They Really Worth It?
Let’s first unwrap the science behind the air fryers. Savouring crispy, golden delights without dealing with a vat of hot, splattering oil. Seems like a fairytale? Not quite!
This is the magic an air fryer sprinkles into your kitchen. A whirlwind of hot air circulating briskly gives your snacks a crispy finish sans the oil-induced guilt trips. It's almost like having a miniature, fervent chef who keeps it crisp yet health-conscious.
But of course, every rose has its thorns. Even these adept devices have a couple of downsides nestled amidst their charms. And if you're the kind who hosts big gatherings, the air fryer's capacity might throw a spanner in the works, necessitating batch cooking and more patience.
However, steering back onto the sunny path, these gadgets have a bag full of perks. Beyond their promise of healthier meals, they emerge as champions in clean-up time, banishing the dreaded oily aftermath that traditional frying invites. They're not just one-trick ponies; these marvels are up for grilling, roasting, and even baking, making them a versatile powerhouse in your kitchen's landscape.
Types of Air Fryer
Basket Air Fryers
Certainly, the most sought-after variety, basket air fryers stand out with their removable basket feature, where you can nestle your food items comfortably. This kind is simple, user-friendly, and renowned for its speedy cooking cycles and fuss-free cleaning routines.
Oven Air Fryers
For the culinary enthusiasts who thrive on juggling multiple tasks in the kitchen, oven air fryers might steal your heart. These versatile units become a culinary playground with extra capabilities like baking, grilling, and toasting, morphing into a comprehensive kitchen tool that nurtures your diverse cooking skills.
Air Fryer Ovens with Rotisserie
Dreaming of bringing a splash of gourmet elegance to your dining table? These might be your gateway. Armed with a rotisserie feature, these air fryers promise balanced cooking, presenting dishes with a crisp exterior and a juicy, tender heart.
Air Fryer Grill
Behold this distinctive blend that marries the charm of grilling with the essence of air frying. These creations pledge to bestow your dishes with that desired char and crust, all while keeping the oil quotient to a bare minimum. It is preferred for grilling aficionados looking to tread a healthier path.
Price Range of Air Fryers in Singapore (General idea of the price ranges you might expect)
The prices start from approximately SGD 60 and can increase to SGD 150. Typically, these models are more compact and equipped with fundamental features, making them a snug fit for individuals or smaller family units.
Generally hover in the price bracket of SGD 150 to SGD 300. They tend to be adorned with a few extra features, boasting a larger holding capacity, possibly coupled with digital screens for refined control over your cooking.
Positioning themselves in the SGD 300 to SGD 600 spectrum and occasionally scaling even higher, these air fryers emanate from reputed brands. They present a medley of sophisticated features, encompassing smart tech integration, numerous preset options, and additional accessories to facilitate various culinary techniques.
Remember, pricing can shift and differ across various vendors as time progresses. For the freshest insights on pricing, it's prudent to consult specific sellers or pay a visit to the brands' official websites.
Brands To Look Out For (Megafurniture Picks)
Having a reliable air fryer can be a game-changer. So, without further ado, let’s roll in some brands (handily picked by us!) that you might want to look at:
Toyomi Air Fryer
“Celebrated for its ease of use and consistently delivering crispy delights.”
First on our stage is the Toyomi Air Fryer, a brand that has firmly etched its name in numerous Singaporean kitchens. Known for merging functionality with elegance, this air fryer is a testament to Toyomi's commitment to bringing convenience to your culinary adventures.
Key Features: Easy-to-use digital display, adjustable temperature settings, easy-clean detachable frying basket.
EuropAce Air Fryer
“ A favourite for its safety-conscious features and hassle-free cleaning.”
Making a grand entry next is the EuropAce Air Fryer, a perfect representation of innovation and sleek design. This robust and user-friendly device has been a gateway for many into the fascinating world of air-fried culinary wonders.
Key Features: Swift air technology, non-stick interior, secure cool-touch handle
Satisfy Your Cravings with an Air Fryer
Dive into the world of Singaporean cuisine with this staple that's as vibrant as the city itself. The air fryer adds a delightful crispness to the noodles, allowing the spices to shine.
(Detailed recipe below)
Next, we venture into a dish that effortlessly marries the rich aroma of coffee with the succulence of ribs. Imagine tender ribs kissed with a coffee-infused marinade, achieving a perfect harmony of flavours as they sizzle to perfection in your air fryer. It's not just a dish; it's an experience that promises a burst of flavour and a choir of happy sighs around the dining table.
(Detailed recipe below)
Golden Tips to Nail These Recipes
Marination Magic: Give your ingredients a good soak in the marinade, allowing them to absorb all the vibrant flavours before taking a hot spin in the air fryer.
Space Them Out: Avoid overcrowding your air fryer. Giving your items room means they cook more evenly, achieving that perfect golden crispiness.
Temperature Matters: Finding the right temperature is vital. It ensures your dishes are perfectly cooked, preserving their juiciness and flavour.
The air fryer revolution in Singapore is more than just a fleeting trend. It's a culinary innovation, a doorway to healthier, quicker, and more varied home-cooked meals.
Bonus Treat: Air Fryer Recipes (These can transport your taste buds to the bustling streets of Singapore right from the comfort of your home!)
Whipping Up Singapore Noodles, Air Fryer Style!
Gather Your Ingredients:
- 200g rice vermicelli (pre-soaked and drained)
- 100g shrimp, ready and cleaned
- 100g chicken pieces without bones or firm tofu slices (for a veggie spin)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, sliced into fine strips
- A handful of bean sprouts
- A couple of spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked lightly
- A duo of garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small-sized red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spoonfuls of soy sauce
- A heap of curry powder (1 tablespoon)
- A dollop of oyster sauce (1 tablespoon, optional)
- A dash of sesame oil (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh coriander leaves for a vibrant garnish
Let's Get Cooking:
- In a broad bowl, merge shrimp and chicken pieces (or tofu) with curry powder, a sprinkle of soy sauce, a touch of oyster sauce, and minced garlic, letting it soak in the flavours for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Crank up your air fryer to a toasty 180°C (350°F). Arrange the marinated shrimp and chicken uniformly in the air fryer basket, avoiding any overcrowding. Let them sizzle for 8-10 minutes until they turn into golden, crispy delights.
- In parallel, grab a pan and heat it on a medium flame. Add some oil and pour the whisked eggs, scrambling them softly. Once done, shift them to a plate. Use the same pan to toss the veggies in, giving them a quick stir-fry for 3-4 minutes till they hold a tender yet crunchy texture.
- In a spacious mixing bowl, bring together the crispy proteins, sautéed veggies, scrambled eggs, and pre-soaked noodles. With a final drizzle of sesame oil and a hearty mix later, your ensemble is ready for the next step.
- Transfer this vibrant mixture back into the air fryer basket, letting it cook for 5-7 minutes at 180°C (350°F), marrying the flavours perfectly.
- Shower your piping hot Singapore Noodles with fresh spring onions and coriander leaves. Serve immediately and witness the smiles it brings to the dining table!
Brewed to Perfection: Air Fryer Singapore Coffee Ribs
- 500g pork ribs, cut into individual pieces
- 2 tablespoons of freshly brewed black coffee (let it cool)
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing wine)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
- A pinch of white pepper
- Cornstarch (for coating)
- Fresh coriander (for garnishing)
- In a large bowl, blend the freshly brewed coffee, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated ginger to form a harmonious marinade. Immerse the pork ribs into this delightful blend, ensuring each piece is well-coated. Allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for a deeper infusion of flavours.
- Once marinated, retrieve the ribs from the fridge. Dust each piece lightly with cornstarch, ensuring an even coat and a gorgeous crust upon cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 200°C (390°F). Place the marinated ribs evenly inside the air fryer basket, ensuring they don't overlap, thus allowing even cooking.
- Let the ribs sizzle in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes. Halfway through, open the air fryer and flip the ribs to ensure a uniform golden crust.
- Once cooked to perfection, remove the ribs from the air fryer. Place them on a serving dish and garnish with a sprinkle of white pepper and fresh coriander leaves.
- Present this show-stopper dish with a side of fragrant jasmine rice or noodles, embodying the spirit of Singaporean cuisine
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryEuropAce 3.2L Air Fryer EAF-5321S (Black)Regular price $79.90 $79.90