Best Juicer Buying Guide
Need a healthy start to your day? How about a fresh juice? While refreshing, it also boosts your energy and helps you consume more nutrients in one go. Another great thing is that you can make various fruit and vegetable combinations that you’ll surely love.
Benefits of Juicing
- Juicing helps you consume more nutrients in a shorter amount of time. While eating nutritious foods one by one can take more time, which means your body will also take more time to absorb the nutrients, juicing will let the nutrients go straight to your bloodstream.
- Juicing helps you add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Not fond of certain vegetables? You can mix them with fruits to create a juice that you like.
- Fresh juice is delicious and as refreshing as store-bought juice. What’s better is that it doesn’t contain too much sugar or preservatives.
- Juicing has numerous health benefits, including increased vitamin and mineral intake, potential aid to healthy weight loss, increased energy, and protection against a variety of diseases.
There are many juicers on the market that produce various juice qualities, so finding the best juicer will depend on your needs and budget. Here’s your quick guide to choosing the best juicer.
Types of Juicers
The two main types of juicers are centrifugal juicers and masticating juicers.
A centrifugal juicer is also referred to as a fast juicer. This juicer uses sharp blades to shred the fruits and vegetables and allows them to pass through a screen to remove the pulp from the yield. The centrifugal force of this juicer gives it fast results. This juicer is less expensive and takes up little countertop space.
Choose a centrifugal juicer if:
- You are constantly on the go and require a juice that you can consume right away.
- You prefer making juice out of bigger chunks of hard fruits and vegetables.
- You want to enjoy your juice with less prep time.
A masticating juicer, on the other hand, is also called a slow juicer. It works differently compared to a centrifugal juicer since it uses an auger to slowly remove the juice from the fruits and vegetables. This slower process produces higher quality juice with less foam. Serious juicers who want to get the most out of the process prefer to use a masticating juicer.
Choose a masticating juicer if:
- You want to get more juice yield from your fruits and vegetables.
- You want to get as many nutrients and enzymes from your fruits and vegetables as possible.
- You want to incorporate leafy greens into your juice.
- You want your juice to be drinkable for longer.
How to Choose the Best Juicer
Size and Storage
How much juice do you want to produce in a single process? Will you make a single serving to get you ready in the morning or more servings to share? Do you plan to store your juicer on the countertop or in the cupboard? How much space will it take?
Juicers come in many sizes and capacities, so it’s important to choose one that fits your needs and the size of your space.
Aside from the number of servings you want to create, it’s also vital to consider how much time you can spend preparing the juice. If you’re always on the go, a centrifugal juicer is a good choice, as it takes less prep time. Juicer models with multiple speeds can also help you get your juice depending on your desired time.
If you want to make your juice in the morning without disturbing noise, then it’s worth noting to go for a quieter unit. In this case, masticating juicers are the better choice as they produce less noise than centrifugal juicers.
Typically, the price goes up when the capacity and quality increase. If you have a bigger budget, a masticating juicer is a worthy investment as it produces higher quality juice that preserves more nutrients throughout the process. If you are shopping for a juicer on a budget, a centrifugal juicer is a more affordable choice.
Invest in Your Health
What is the best juicer? The answer depends on your needs and budget. While there is no one-size-fits-all solution for all your juicing needs, you can always find a reliable one for your healthy kitchen.
Upgrading your kitchen? Check out Megafurniture’s extensive collection of innovative and affordable kitchen appliances in Singapore!
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryOdette Electric Citrus Juicer Lemon Squeezer Stainless SteelRegular price $119.90 $119.90
Quick DeliverySmeg Hand Blender SetRegular price $288.00 $288.00
Quick DeliveryOdette Multifunction 2-Speed Immersion Handheld BlenderRegular price $72.90