Centrifugal Juicer vs. Masticating Juicer Comparison Guide
Centrifugal juicer or masticating juicer? This guide will help you weigh the advantages and drawbacks of both juicer types to help you make your choice.
More people are now leaning towards healthy eating. But with the number of servings we need to take every day, making sure that you maintain a healthy diet can be challenging. The good news is that many kitchen appliances make healthy food preparation easy and achievable. Some popular appliances for health enthusiasts are juicers and blenders, which we also love.
Juicing offers many health benefits by helping you complete your servings of fruits and vegetables. Juicing can also boost your energy, support a healthy immune system, and maintain a healthy weight.
When investing in a new juicer, it’s vital to know the differences between each type, including their benefits and essential features. Is a centrifugal juicer good for your needs, or can a slow juicer do it better? Read on to this quick guide to find out what makes more sense to you.
Centrifugal vs. Masticating Juicer: Quick Comparison
Both juicers extract the juice and remove the pulp and other solid parts of the fruit. The main difference is that a centrifugal juicer, also called a fast juicer, extracts the juice from the fruit through a fast-spinning blade, while a masticating juicer, or slow juicer, uses a screw to slowly extract the juice from the fruit or vegetable.
What is a Centrifugal Juicer?
Centrifugal juicers are fast juicers that quickly deliver the result through centrifugal force, or fast spinning. The spinning blade of the centrifugal juicer shreds the fruit and vegetables and presses them through a screen to separate the juice from the pulp.
If you are always on the go, a centrifugal juicer is a great choice, as it finishes the juicing process within minutes. This juicer is more affordable compared to a masticating juicer, which makes it a great choice for beginners.
- A centrifugal juicer produces quick results.
- With its strong, speedy blades, a centrifugal juicer works efficiently on hard foods like apples.
- A centrifugal juicer is lightweight and takes up very little counter space.
- It is more affordable than other juicer types.
- While it handles hard fruits and vegetables effectively, a centrifugal juicer is not the best for leafy vegetables.
- This juicer produces foamy juice due to the oxidation caused by the speed.
- The juice produced by a centrifugal juicer separates faster than other types.
- A centrifugal juicer is noisy to operate.
What is a Masticating Juicer?
Also called a slow juicer, a masticating juicer extracts the juice at a slower pace and lower speed. This helps retain as many vitamins and minerals as possible. This juicer uses an auger or a screw-like material that slowly crushes the fruits and vegetables and pushes them through the screen to separate the juice.
As it works at a slower pace, there is less oxygen and heat produced in the juicing process. This means that the yield is less foamy and does not separate as fast compared to the centrifugal juicer. Serious juicers or those who want to upgrade should go for this thorough and more expensive juicer.
- A masticating juicer works well not only with hard foods but with leafy vegetables as well.
- The slow process of a masticating juicer helps preserve more nutrients and enzymes.
- The yield of a masticating juicer is noticeably thicker and less foamy.
- A masticating juicer allows you to enjoy the flavour and quality of the juice for a longer period.
- A masticating juicer operates quieter than a centrifugal juicer.
- A masticating juicer is more expensive than a centrifugal juicer.
- A masticating juicer can only accommodate smaller pieces at a time. This means you need a longer prep time before you can enjoy your juice.
- A masticating juicer is bulkier than a centrifugal juicer, which makes it harder to store.
Centrifugal vs. Masticating Juicer: Which One Should You Choose?
Now that you know how both juicers work and what their pros and cons are, choosing the best one will depend on your specific needs. Do you need your juice on the go? Do you prefer a thicker and less foamy juice? How much are you willing to invest in a juicer? Regardless of your choice, a juicer is a great choice to level up a healthy kitchen.
Upgrading your kitchen? Check out Megafurniture’s innovative kitchen appliance collection from trusted brands.
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryEuropAce Air Purifier EPU 3380ZRegular price $219.00
Quick DeliveryEuropace Smart Air Purifier EPU 5550Z (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)Regular price $599.90 $599.90