Air Purifier vs. Humidifier vs. Diffuser: Comparison Guide
Maintaining excellent indoor air quality is vital to keeping a beautiful, happy, and healthy home, especially in hot and humid places like Singapore.
It’s no secret that pollutants and other indoor elements and conditions can affect your health and decrease your comfort. Aside from keeping your home clean and well-maintained, getting some help from reliable appliances is one great way to maintain the quality and comfort of your home.
Air purifiers, humidifiers, and diffusers are some reliable appliances that enhance the quality of your indoor air. But what’s the difference between these devices? Which one do you need for your home? Read on to this guide before making your appliance buying decision.
What is an Air Purifier?
An air purifier removes pollutants, some allergens, and other dangerous airborne particles from the air through filtration. The industry standard True HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter air purifier tackles 99.97% of indoor air pollutants that are as small as 0.3 microns.
How Does it Work?
An air purifier consists of filters that remove small particles and circulate cleaner air into the area. Some air purifiers with ionisers create a static charge around air particles, like bacteria and viruses, that allows them to fall on surfaces instead of circulating in the air. This can stop the growth of these viruses. However, since they only allow the particles to fall on surfaces, you will still need to properly clean your area to prevent resurfacing.
Pros of Using an Air Purifier
- Efficient air purifiers tackle small air particles like dust, dust mites, pollen, smoke, mould, pet dander, and other elements that may cause harm to the health.
- Air purifiers help reduce allergy symptoms.
- Air purifiers can help remove foul odours.
- True HEPA air purifiers help eliminate airborne diseases.
An Air Purifier Is Best For: Homeowners who want extra protection from indoor air contaminants.
What is a Humidifier?
Based on its name, a humidifier is a device that adds humidity or moisture levels to an area. While the air purifier that we talked about earlier improves indoor air quality by removing harmful particles, a humidifier increases the moisture level to remove the dry and uncomfortable air quality. It may also help eliminate some particles by reaching certain humidity levels. Another familiar device that does the opposite of this is a dehumidifier, which basically decreases the humidity of the air.
How Does it Work?
Humidity is the amount of water or moisture in the air. The term relative humidity pertains to the amount of air moisture vs. the amount of moisture the air can hold. A relative humidity that is lower than 30% means that the air is dry, while a relative humidity of 100% is hotter. To maintain the right humidity levels of 30% to 50%, many homeowners use a humidifier by releasing water vapour or steam into the dry air.
Pros of Using a Humidifier
- A humidifier can help people with dry skin, throat dryness, eye irritation, allergies, and many more conditions caused by dry air. However, use humidifiers with caution because too much humidity can be uncomfortable.
- By achieving 40% humidity levels, humidifiers may aid in the deactivation of virus particles.
- The use of a humidifier may help reduce snoring by keeping air passages moist.
- Humidifying can also help the skin and hair stay moisturised.
A Humidifier is Best For: Places where the weather is usually hot and dry or cold and dry. They can also be used to alleviate some symptoms related to the dryness of the air.
What is a Diffuser?
If you love some relaxing aroma in your room, a diffuser or an oil diffuser is an amazing choice. Aside from the pleasant and relaxing scents, essential oils offer many health and wellness claims, like supporting healthy sleep, alleviating stress, and soothing headaches.
How Does it Work?
Diffusers break down and release essential oils that are used in aromatherapy. This essential oil concentration in the air has a calming and relaxing effect. Different types of diffusers do this process in different ways and can be beneficial based on your preferences.
Pros of Using a Diffuser
- Diffusers spread essential oils and their calming properties throughout the area within a short time. One important thing to note about using a diffuser is to maintain a well-ventilated area to keep the fragrance at a comfortable level. Also, some oils may cause allergy symptoms for some users, so make sure to check with your physician first to avoid discomfort.
- A diffuser allows you to change your aromatherapy oil based on your preferences. With the vast variety of essential oils available, you can receive various health benefits while enjoying the refreshing scents in the comfort of your home.
- Using a diffuser can help you achieve better sleep quality.
A Diffuser is Best For: Homeowners who want to create a warm and relaxing ambiance in their spaces.
Air Purifier vs. Humidifier vs. Diffuser: What are the Differences?
In summary, air purifiers filter harmful particles from the air, humidifiers increase the air moisture, and diffusers break down and release essential oils into the area.
Air Purifier vs. Humidifier
An air purifier filters harmful substances out of your air, while a humidifier increases the air moisture. These different devices can both be used to keep the air clean while maintaining a comfortable moisture level.
Air Purifier vs. Diffuser
A diffuser releases oil-scented particles into the air to provide a relaxing feel in your space. On the other hand, an air purifier works to reduce air particles. Although they work differently, you may use them both to circulate the fragrance while the clean air is released.
Humidifier vs. Diffuser
A diffuser may introduce some water molecules into the air while releasing the fragrance. However, unlike humidifiers, they do not add enough moisture to the air, which many prefer. If you need both the fragrance from a diffuser and the right amount of moisture from a humidifier, opt for a humidifier with the features of a diffuser.
Enhance your indoor air quality and comfort with these efficient devices. Air purifiers, humidifiers, and diffusers offer various notable benefits that you’ll surely want to experience in your home. Whether you choose the best one that fits your needs or combine the benefits of multiple appliances, you’ll surely be one step closer to a healthier and more relaxing space.
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliveryEuropAce Air Purifier EPU 3380ZRegular price $219.00
Quick DeliveryEuropace Smart Air Purifier EPU 5550Z (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)Regular price $599.90 $599.90
Quick DeliveryEuropAce 3 in 1 Dehumidifier EDH 6161T (16L)Regular price $459.00