What Type of Mattress Do Hotels Use?
Ever wonder why hotel rooms have the best ambiance and the most comfortable mattresses? After enjoying a restful slumber on a soft and luxurious hotel mattress, it’s no secret that many people are wondering where this gem came from. While we all have different mattress needs, hotel mattresses tend to provide the right solution for almost everyone.
So why is the hotel mattress so comfortable?
If you’re on the market for a new cosy mattress for your bedroom or just curious about the secrets of a hotel-quality mattress, this article is for you.
Hotels invest in premium mattress types to ensure the quality and longevity of their beds. Like our personal mattresses, hotel beds also go through a lot of wear and tear from being used daily by different guests. Because of this, it’s crucial to maintain their quality while ensuring the comfort of the user.
Although hotels use luxury mattresses, the brand or material for every one of them is not the same. Some even go for exclusively engineered mattresses for their hotel chains. Regardless of the differences, they adhere to certain guidelines to ensure that the mattress type they use provides their guests with the best possible accommodations.
What Makes a Hotel Mattress Comfortable?
Here are some parameters for a comfortable hotel mattress:
- The mattress shall provide each sleeper with a minimum of 90 cm of sleeping surface and be at least 10 cm thick.
- The mattress should come with a reliable coil system that promotes proper body contour and motion isolation.
- To cater to many sleeping positions, hotel mattresses opt for medium-soft to medium-firm types, generally ranging from 5-8/10 firmness levels.
- Edge support is also an important factor when choosing a hotel-quality mattress. This is more important when the mattress is shared, where the sleepers have to lie down closer to the edge of the mattress.
- The mattress construction should provide the right sleep support, comfort, pressure relief, hypoallergenic properties, and breathability.
- The mattress should be made to last.
How to Create a Hotel-Like Bedroom Comfort
The best mattress and bedding experience can only be created if you know what you need. Buying a new mattress should be based on your sleeping position, body type, and sleeping requirements. Unlike hotels that opt for the middle ground to cater to many sleepers, you can personalise your choice based on your preferences. Once you find the right mattress online or in store, choosing the right bedding accessories can significantly increase your comfort. Adding more pillows to your bedding setup can also give it a hotel-like feel. A mattress topper may also enhance the comfort of your mattress, especially if you share it with someone who has different sleeping requirements. Don’t forget about premium-quality bedding, cosy lighting, and proper ventilation.
Invest in a High-Quality Mattress
Sleep is an integral part of our lives. Recreate the luxury of a hotel night’s rest with a premium mattress in Singapore that you’ll surely love to go home to after a long day.
Megafurniture presents a wide array of premium mattresses at the best prices, from conforming memory foam and supportive latex to versatile innerspring and hybrid beds.
Recommended products for this article
Quick DeliverySomnuz™ Comfy 10inch Individual Pocketed Spring MattressOn sale from $239.00 $239.00
Quick DeliveryHoney Advance Active Pillowtop 10" Pocketed Spring MattressOn sale from $399.00 $399.00