What is an Inverter Air Conditioner? Is It Worth It?
Beat the summer heat with the right air conditioning system for your home.
When looking for the most energy efficient aircon in Singapore to enhance the quality of air in your household, it’s vital to know what different types of AC units can offer. Your main goal is to look for a purposeful, environmentally friendly, and affordable solution.
Inverter technology is one of the innovations in the air conditioning industry. You might have heard about this term before, but what exactly is an inverter air conditioner? Is it really beneficial? Will it be a good choice for your home?
Continue reading this guide to understand more about inverter technology.
What is an Inverter Air Conditioner?
Inverter technology is an energy-saving innovation that efficiently controls motor speed to eliminate unnecessary consumption while still maintaining the quality of its operation.
Inverter air conditioners adjust the cooling and heating operations to fit the temperature of the room. If the temperature rises above what is set, the air conditioner will cool the room. When the temperature is lower than the desired temperature, the unit will start heating the room. To do this, the air compressor motor is regulated to match the required AC output. The compressor of an inverter air conditioner is always on, unlike other models. This technology boosts comfort while saving more energy.
What is the Difference Between an Inverter Air Conditioner and a Non-Inverter Unit?
Non-inverter or standard air conditioners work differently compared to inverter units. Unlike an inverter, a standard air conditioner turns on and off as needed. This all-or-nothing process means that the unit will automatically turn off once the temperature is reached and turn on again when it rises. This will force the compressor to run at high power more frequently, which is less energy-efficient than an inverter unit.
The advantage of a non-inverter air conditioner lies in its cost. Compared to an inverter AC, a non-inverter unit is less expensive to buy.
What are the Advantages of an Inverter Air Conditioner?
- An inverter air conditioner is energy-efficient. This is because the compressor motor does not need to be at its maximum capacity but instead is tailored based on what the room only needs. Many households that use inverter technology save on electricity bills compared to non-inverter units.
- An inverter air conditioner provides better cooling and can decrease the temperature within the room in a shorter time.
- An inverter AC offers a more silent operation. This unit produces low compressor noise and a lower noise level than the indoor unit.
- An inverter AC ensures a uniform and consistent temperature throughout its operation.
- An inverter air conditioner works well with different room sizes. This air conditioner will work harder in bigger spaces but will still consume relatively less electricity than non-inverter AC units.
- An inverter AC compressor generally has a longer lifespan than non-inverter units since its startup operation is gentler.
What are the Drawbacks of an Inverter Air Conditioner?
- An inverter air conditioner requires proper insulation to work well. Bad insulation may still cause the unit to consume more electricity. In this case, we strongly recommend getting the help of professionals to do the process.
- The wrong AC unit will make your room more humid.
- An inverter air conditioner is a more expensive purchase. Although it may help you save more in the future, the initial cost of an inverter AC unit is more expensive than non-inverter air conditioners. In addition, inverter air conditioners have expensive components, which can cause you higher repair costs in the future.
Is an Inverter Air Conditioner Worth Buying?
Yes. An inverter air conditioner will not only help you save money in the long run, but it will also provide you with more consistent results, increased comfort, and less noise disturbance. With proper care, you can also enjoy the benefits of an inverter air conditioner for longer than a non-inverter unit.
Recommended products for this article
Daikin iSmile Eco Series System 3 Aircon WIFI MKM75VVMG-1XCTKM25VVMG-1XCTKM35VVMG-1XCTKM50VVMG
1 x 9000 1 x 12000 1 x 18000 BTUOn sale from $2,979.00 $2,979.00
Mitsubishi System 3 Aircon MXY3H28VG-3XMSXYFP10VG
3x9000 BTUOn sale from $2,499.00 $2,499.00
Panasonic System 1 Aircon CUPU9WKZ-CSPU9WKZOn sale from $839.00 $839.00
Quick DeliveryMidea System 2 Aircon MAE-3M21D-2XMSEID-09(S)
2 x 9000 BTUOn sale from $1,449.00 $1,449.00